EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, taken within the past 48 hours, will be required for everyone, ages 12 & older, who attend or participate in all on-campus activities, including Merlis Belsher Place. Please be prepared to show your proof of vaccination or negative test results upon request.
Facility Requirements for Merlis Belsher Place can be seen on the link below.
Have more questions? See our Covid 19 Protocols FAQ’s v2
Requirements for attending Huskie Hockey Games:
- proof of vaccination or negative results from a PCR test or certified rapid antigen test within the last 48 hours. Testing locations can be found at Where to Get Tested.
Requirements to attend all other Merlis Belsher Place events:
- proof of vaccination or negative result from a PCR test, certified rapid antigen test (testing locations found at Where to get Tested), or at home point-of-care rapid antigen test approved by SHA.
Valid proof of ID will be requested along with vaccination proof from adults 18 and older. Youth aged 12-17 will also need to show ID unless accompanied by an adult. If unaccompanied by an adult and no proof of ID, other government issued identification such as birth certificate or health services card will be accepted.
Accepted ways to show your vaccination proof:
- Wallet cards received at time of immunization
- a printed copy of your MySaskHealthRecord (MSHR) vaccine certificate (with or without a QR code) saved to your device
- A screenshot of your MSHR vaccine certificate (with or without a QR code) saved to you device
- An earlier version of your MSHR COVID-19 vaccine certificate
- A COVID-19 vaccine printout from Saskatchewan Health Authority Public Health
- A QR code/MySaskHealthRecord vaccine certificate uploaded to SK Vax Wallet
As per Provincial Regulations, face masks are required in all public indoor spaces. Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
Merlis Belsher Place
The Merlis Belsher Place is a multi-sport facility located on the University of Saskatchewan campus, just south of the Field House at 2010 College Drive. We are the new home of the University of Saskatchewan Huskie hockey, basketball and Campus Rec leagues as well as the Midget AAA Contacts and Midget AAA Stars of the Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association. The new state of the art facility is spacious and designed to provide excellent user and spectator experiences.
Merlis Belsher Place—Facility
- 2700 seat spectator ice rink (200' x 90')
- Community NHL size ice rink (200' x 85')
- Ron and Jane Graham Gymnasiums—2 NBA sized gymnasiums
- Event Centre with capacity of up to 3700 with floor seating
- This is a two level, 120,000 sq. ft facility
Rinks, Basketball Courts, Event Bookings!
Huskie Athletics has become the program of choice for students pursuing an elite level student-athlete experience. The University experience is offered within a unique, ever changing environment that challenges students to achieve athletic and academic excellence.
Campus Rec provides recreational hockey, and stick and puck for the entire student body at the University of Saskatchewan. You can enjoy socializing and meeting new people while being physically active.
- participate in a league
- join a club
- try our "learn-to's"
The Saskatoon Minor Hockey Association (SMHA) is a major user of the Merlis Belsher Place. The facility is also the home of the Midget AAA Contacts and Midget AAA Stars.
- programs for ages 5 to 17
- positive hockey experience
- hockey opportunities for participants regardless of age, gender, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status
Rinks, Basketball Courts, Event Bookings
Book Your League Time or event today!
Select times available for community bookings.
Merlis Belsher Place
2010 College Drive,
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W1